Every Family Matters
A show for parents whose children are about to start, or move, schools
In this show, MakeBelieve Arts raised issues about parenting and, through a series of scenarios, posed questions about some of the difficulties and emotions parents might face when their child starts school.
After the show, the actors invited the audience to discuss the issues raised and then they were given the chance to come up and change some of the actions and suggest ways that the characters in the story might be able to make their situations easier.
The audience could try out solutions to questions such as:
- What happens when you allow your child to stay up late or they refuse to go to bed at all?
- How can you help your child with school work when you don't feel that confident about it yourself?
- Get parents talking to each other about how they really feel
- Get them involved in acting out solutions to problems
- See parents debating their views in an animated manner